Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wine Bottle Wrapping: Not To Be Confused With Rapping Wine Bottles

I love dinner parties. Love them. I mean, what's not to love?! Friends? Good. Food? Gooood. Wine? Gooooooood! And I know I'm not the only person who shares this sentiment. Everyone loves dinner parties. Even the friend nobody likes enjoys a good dinner party from time to time.

So I was sitting here today reminiscing on dinner parties. Why? Maybe it was because my stomach was grumbling and causing pains in my sides. Maybe it was because I was also thinking if my roommates would judge me for ignoring the hunger pains and instead uncorking the red wine I bought yesterday. Either way - I starting thinking about the gloriousness that is dinner parties. (There's a point to this post, I promise)

The last dinner party I went to was quite impressive. It was held at my friend's apartment by she and her boyfriend, and it was seemingly choreographed to a T. During cocktail/hors d'oeuvres, he made sure we had full glasses, while she made sure the conversation kept going.

The one thing by the end of the night that stood out was that at dinner, they wrapped the wine bottle with a napkin. This is a bit old school, and most people don't bother anymore. I think that's why it stuck out to me. I know that the true purpose is to make sure you don't get any drops of red wine on your tablecloth (or your guests laps), but it is a great way to cover up that great tasting wine that only set you back $6! Your guests think you splurged on a delicious wine, you saved a few pennies and no one is the wiser. (This is saying of course, you didn't buy a wine that tastes like it's been poured on the ground, mixed with dirty rain water and then re-bottled).

So I started the research so that the next time I throw a dinner party, I, too, can impress the masses. I image people will cheer and chant my name, to which I will act embarrassed and plead them to stop, stop while secretly hoping they continue for much, much longer.

Wow.. got lost in my dreams of grandeur for a second.

I'm back.

Anyway, travel over here for a great explanation (complete with pictures!) of how to make your wine bottles as classy as you are.


Peace, Love and Wine Bottles,

Corey

No comments: