Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ghosts and Ghouls

With Halloween coming up, I'm sure everyone has their share of parties to go to, or, like me, are throwing one yourself. My roommates and I are planning on clearing out our basement and having it down there (our basement is horribly creepy), and while we are on a college-budget, we still want to be able to have our party stand out among the many other parties that will no doubt be going on around campus.

While some of the things are going to have to be store-bought (spider webs and whatnot), I think there are a bunch of things we can make ourselves to save us some of our hard earned cash (and making our alcohol budget a little bigger doesn't hurt either).

Here are some of my finds when searching the internet for some ideas...



You can buy the labels here, or you can try your hand at photoshopping your own.

Bakerella has some great treats you can make as well, and they're pretty simple to make.




I just can't get over the little ghosts!



If whole cupcakes are more your thing, she has some ideas for them as well..





And last but not least, signature cocktails are a great way to make a lasting impression on everyone who comes to celebrate with you. Here's some I found...

Blood Red...



Or the traditional black and orange...




When I was in fourth grade, my cousin and I had a Halloween party for some of my neighborhood friends and I, and we made a hand for our punch bowl that was like the one in the picture above. It's actually really simple to make! You just need a disposable glove, a rubber band, and some water. Wash out the disposable glove so there isn't any dust or anything in it, fill it with water, tie it off with the rubber band and freeze. If you're feeling really creative, you can throw in plastic spiders and creepy bugs for added effect.

If you're having your own party, good luck! If you're simply attending a few, I hope you have a great time and a great costume!

Eat, Drink and be Scary,
Corey

No comments: