Friday, October 10, 2008

Hot Messes in Little Black Dresses

Its beginning to be that time of year... the time where family and friends come together for food and fun. There are just dozens upon dozens of reasons to celebrate in the next couple months.

So you're planning on hosting a party... you've planned out the menu, the guest list, the table settings... or if you're like me you skipped all of that and put the most important thing first: what you're going to wear! My favorites are always bright colored printed dresses with a fabulous pair of heels, but there are days when I look at my overly stuffed closet and scream, "I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!!" Once I've calmed myself down I realize that there is a weapon in my closet that is always ready to to go into cocktail party battle... the little black dress. Now you may not have just one (I myself have four) but ladies, if your closet lacks this sure-fire fallback, I implore you to rush right out and find one. May I suggest visiting Nordstrom's website and peering through their "little black dress" shop. They have hundreds by all kinds of fabulous designers in all kinds of fantastic styles.

Now that you know what you're wearing, we simply must accessorize. It is very, very important to not just have your black dress but to make sure there's an extra little BAM in there that keeps all eyes on you. And this fall there are tons of fun options to spice up your little black dress.

My fav accessory to pair with a black dress at the moment is a pair of peacock feather earrings:




Perhaps feather earrings aren't your thing. How about a fantastic pair of textured tights?

I am also loving the headbands that have become so popular this season:




There is always the safe option of a necklace or regular earrings but these just add a little somethin' somethin' to any outfit. And the best part? All the accessories above are from Forever 21 (or For Love 21, which is there AWESOME accessory-only store... check it out) and are under $10. No need to break the bank to look fabulous people!! And if all else fails... distract them with another kind of little black dress:




life's too short to blend in, xx Christine

No comments: