Thursday, October 16, 2008

Flu and the City

I have the flu. Of course it would strike me at the very beginning of flu season. Ridiculously just like me. SO after coming home sick from work for the second day in a row (you have to give me credit for continuously trying) I came home and popped in a DVD that I have actually been putting off watching... Sex and the City. I love it, don't get me wrong, but it also tears me up a bit. So for whatever reason, today I decided to pop it in.



It is an excellent movie. And on so many levels, so many people can relate to it. Somewhere in the movie Carrie describes herself as "an emotional cutter". Those words could not describe me more. I give chance after chance to people and continually get stomped on by bad guys. I will let them back into my life before the old wounds have even begun to heal.

As much as I relate to the character of Carrie, my friends have always pegged me as a Samantha. Always. Now I am no where near as bad as she is, but I am fun-loving to a certain degree. This has always bothered me a bit, because I so long to be a Carrie. As fate would have it, I was sent this via email today. Its a quiz that tells you what percentage of each character you are... genious! I guess it hadn't much occured to me that we all have a little bit of each of them in us. ( I am 40% Carrie and 40% Samantha by the way... a perfect combo if I say so myself). And now that I think about it, all of my friends have a little bit of each in them as well. A vixen, a believer, stubborness and a little prim and properness. The mix makes life more interesting. So my advice to you is to take 5 minutes out of your day ladies, and take the silly quiz. And celebrate the fact that you're a little bit of everything... and it all rolls into the fabulousness that is you.

Hope You Get a little "Carried" Away ;) -Christine

No comments: